This page summarizes the new features, resolved issues, and known issues in enPortal version 5.6.4 released on January 12th, 2017.
2. What is enPortal
Edge enPortal is the industry's only secure, vendor-neutral network management integration platform. With pre-built Product Integration Modules (PIMs) for common third-party applications, enPortal is a Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) solution that quickly integrates these network management tools and offers advanced capabilities including:
- Integration of existing web-based tools and applications
- Advanced Security including role/domain-based access via a secure proxy
- Single Sign-On (SSO) and Sign-Off
- Integration with external user authentication systems
- Branding and Customization
- Dashboard Views
3. New Features
- CyberArk Password Vault integration extended to support evaluation in LDAP Repository Connection settings. SHIM Expression to be used to look up username and password information at runtime. (AB-1219)
- Session variable expressions should support evaluation in LDAP Repository connection settings (Note: This is pre-session evaluation so it really will only evaluate to the default value of the variable definition). (AB-1219)
- Inlcuding MS SQL Server's OpenSource JDBC Driver by default v6.1.0jre8. (AB-1292)
4. Resolved Issues
- Upgraded embedded Tomcat to v7.0.73. (AB-1293)
- Upgraded Postgresql JDBC Driver to v9.4.1212. (AB-1294)
- Upgraded Maria JDBC Driver supporting MySQL DB connections to v1.5.5. (AB-1294)
- Fixed security issue when backing up LDAP Repository connection settings. (EN-331).
- Fixed security issue where OCSP Login Request Processor allowed alternate login credentials from userId processed from the user certificate. Login page update required (contact support for details configuring: ocsp.usernameProp and ocsp.validateUserId=true settings). (EN-330)
- Fixed OCSP Cert Path validation to allow multiple certPaths as new certificates are issued. (EN-329)
- Fixed GC logging when spaces are in the directory names. (EN-327)
- Fixed issue during Backup/Restore where content beginning '.' characters were lost. (EN-328)
5. Known Issues
- The Session Validation Filter, added in 2.6.1, will redirect any unauthenticated request to the login page. This was added as a security enhancement. If you see this behavior and want the page to be accessible, you must add an allowed path to the custom configuration file.
6. Contact Information
For questions or assistance with this release of enPortal, please see the support page for contact information.