enPortal version 5.5.1 is a production release made available on October 17, 2014. This page summarizes the New Features, Resolved Issues, and Known Issues for this release.
2. What is enPortal
Edge enPortal is the industry's only secure, vendor-neutral network management integration platform. With pre-built Product Integration Modules (PIMs) for common third-party applications, enPortal is a Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) solution that quickly integrates these network management tools and offers advanced capabilities including:
- Integration of existing web-based tools and applications
- Advanced Security including role/domain-based access via a secure proxy
- Single Sign-On (SSO) and Sign-Off
- Integration with external user authentication systems
- Branding and Customization
- Dashboard Views
3. Supported Platform Changes
enPortal 5.5.1 introduces the following changes to the supported platforms:
- Removed server support for HSQLDB as the system Configuration Database. [AB-885]
4. New Features
This section describes the enhancements to enPortal that are included in version 5.5.1.
- Enhanced the display of View tabs to show an indicator (arrow) to note when a View is a folder with sub-items available beneath it on mouse-over. (EN-131)
- Enhanced the Unix/Linux post_install script to handle the case where the user name does not match the group name. The group is saved into setenv-custom.sh as TOMCAT_GROUP, and it defaults to the user as was implied before. (AB-857)
- Implemented several enhancements to the display of sub-roles in an LDAP repository, to better distinguish LDAP roles from locally managed roles. (EN-130)
- Enhanced the on-screen reporting when running the LDAPSync utility. Error messages, if any, are now written to the screen in addition to the log file. (EN-135)
- Upgraded httpclient version from 4.2.3 to 4.2.6. (EN-144)
- Simplified the setup of Client Authentication by moving the configuration parameters into the runtime options file. (AB-875)
- Added support for Domain-based licensing which can limit the number of Domains a customer can use in enPortal/AppBoard. (EN-124)
- The admin Domain Explorer interface shows the number of available Domains, number configured, and warning messages when limits are exceeded.
- Added a login credentials configuration option that will completely prevent GET logins. (EN-129)
- Enhanced the 'password expired' form and change password dialog to increase maximum password length to 80 characters. (EN-164)
- Added a new policyControlSupported option in config.properties to indicate if an LDAP server contains Policy Controls for purposes of managing password policy. (EN-147)
5. Resolved Issues
This section describes the resolved issues that are included in enPortal version 5.5.1.
- Fixed an issue where directly assigning an LAF to a User was not properly overriding other inherited LAF assignments. (EN-136)
- Fixed an issue in the "EdgeDark" LAF where a few of the images were light instead of dark. (EN-57)
- When configuring Password Policy, reduced the permitted length in several of the input fields to prevent values from being entered that are too large to be processed correctly. (EN-132)
- Corrected two issues observed when exporting channel configuration details to XML: (EN-141)
- cookieManagerMode attribute was not exported for ChannelObject.
- accessControl attribute was not exported when cookieManagerMode was set to "none".
- Fixed an issue seen in some cases when loading multiple Channels that prompt for SSO credentials in the same View. In certain Views, an exception would be thrown instead of prompting the user for the credentials. (EN-153)
- Fixed an issue where enPortal was not able to successfully pass the enPortal login credentials to a back-end application through an SSO token when NTLM authentication was used. (EN-163)
- Improved documentation and messaging on screen to better communicate that when doing Impersonation for a user who has SSO tokens that pass-through the user's authentication credentials, these auth tokens will not work. (EN-112)
6. Known Issues
This section describes the new known issues in enPortal version 5.5.1.
- There are no major new known issues in this release.
7. Contact Information
For questions or assistance with this release of enPortal, please see the support page for contact information.