enPortal version 5.5 is a production release made available on July 14, 2014. This page summarizes the New Features, Resolved Issues, and Known Issues for this release.
2. What is enPortal
Edge enPortal is the industry's only secure, vendor-neutral network management integration platform. With pre-built Product Integration Modules (PIMs) for common third-party applications, enPortal is a Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) solution that quickly integrates these network management tools and offers advanced capabilities including:
- Integration of existing web-based tools and applications
- Advanced Security including role/domain-based access via a secure proxy
- Single Sign-On (SSO) and Sign-Off
- Integration with external user authentication systems
- Branding and Customization
- Dashboard Views
3. Supported Platform Changes
enPortal 5.5 introduces a number of changes to the supported platforms:
- Added server support for Java 8
- Remove server support for Java 6
- Added server support for Windows Server 2012 R2
- Added server support for RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7
- Removed client support for Internet Explorer 7
4. New Features
This section describes the enhancements to enPortal that are included in version 5.5.
- Implemented several general code quality improvements through the use of static code analysis tools. (AB-818)
- New Product Integration Modules (PIMs) are available for the following applications:
- Updated version support of the following Product Integration Modules (PIMs) are available:
- HP Service Manager (SM) pimC. (INT-85)
5. Resolved Issues
This section describes the resolved issues that are included in enPortal version 5.5.
- Corrected an issue where the "edgeFlat" login page directory was getting included in system archives. (EN-137)
- Fixed an issue where installing enPortal as a service required using the Java JDK and did not work properly with the Java JRE. (EN-138)
6. Known Issues
This section describes the new known issues in enPortal version 5.5.
- When running enPortal using Java 8 the following error messages may be shown and are safe to ignore:
- ... warning: ignoring option PermSize=64m; support was removed in 8.0
- ... warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
7. Contact Information
For questions or assistance with this release of enPortal, please see the support page for contact information.