enPortal Version 5.4.3 is a version of enPortal that was released on June 6, 2014. This page summarizes the New Features, Resolved Issues, and Known Issues for this release.
2. What is enPortal
Edge enPortal is the industry's only secure, vendor-neutral network management integration platform. With pre-built Product Integration Modules (PIMs) for common third-party applications, enPortal is a Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) solution that quickly integrates these network management tools and offers advanced capabilities including:
- Integration of existing web-based tools and applications
- Advanced Security including role/domain-based access via a secure proxy
- Single Sign-On (SSO) and Sign-Off
- Integration with external user authentication systems
- Branding and Customization
- Dashboard Views
3. New Features
This section describes the enhancements to enPortal that are included in version 5.4.3.
- Upgraded the Apache/Tomcat web server component to version 7.0.54 for the latest security updates. (AB-833)
- Expanded the documentation of LDAP integration with Active Directory. (EN-113)
- Improved the hierarchy for how the JAVA_HOME setting is determined on Unix systems when running the post_install script. For more detail, see JAVA_HOME preference. (AB-807)
- Added DB2 to the list of databases supported by the DBsetup database configuration GUI tool. (AB-785)
- Enhanced enPortal CAC/PKI authentication to support failover to alternate OCSP responder URLS (EN-126)
- Updated version support of the following Product Integration Modules (PIMs) are available:
4. Resolved Issues
This section describes the resolved issues that are included in enPortal version 5.4.3.
- Fixed an issue affecting enPortal systems configured to use LDAP with Active Directory or OpenDS. In some cases, this caused users in LDAP-backed Domains to receive a password expiration warning upon every login. (EN-120)
- Removed the "Quick Start" view which was assigned by default to the portalAdministration Role. New enPortal administrators are encouraged to use the more comprehensive self-service training materials which are now available by contacting support. (EN-116)
- Updated the loading spinner status indicator that was introduced in enPortal 5.4.2 for enPortal proxy channels. The feature is now disabled by default. For detail on enabling this feature, contact Edge support. (EN-21)
5. Known Issues
This section describes the new known issues in enPortal version 5.4.3.
6. Contact Information
For questions or assistance with this release of enPortal, please see the support page for contact information.