Table of Contents
1. Introduction #
This page summarizes the new features, resolved issues, and known issues in enPortal version 5.6.4 released on January 12th, 2017.
2. What is enPortal #
Edge enPortal is the industry’s only secure, vendor-neutral network management integration platform. With pre-built Product Integration Modules (PIMs) for common third-party applications, enPortal is a Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) solution that quickly integrates these network management tools and offers advanced capabilities including:
- Integration of existing web-based tools and applications
- Advanced Security including role/domain-based access via a secure proxy
- Single Sign-On (SSO) and Sign-Off
- Integration with external user authentication systems
- Branding and Customization
- Dashboard Views
3. New Features #
- CyberArk Password Vault integration extended to support an evaluation in LDAP Repository Connection settings. SHIM Expression to be used to look up username and password information at runtime. (AB-1219)
- Session variable expressions should support an evaluation in LDAP Repository connection settings (Note: This is pre-session evaluation so it really will only evaluate to the default value of the variable definition). (AB-1219)
- Including MS SQL Server’s OpenSource JDBC Driver by default v6.1.0jre8. (AB-1292)
4. Resolved Issues #
- Upgraded embedded Tomcat to v7.0.73. (AB-1293)
- Upgraded Postgresql JDBC Driver to v9.4.1212. (AB-1294)
- Upgraded Maria JDBC Driver supporting MySQL DB connections to v1.5.5. (AB-1294)
- Fixed security issue when backing up LDAP Repository connection settings. (EN-331).
- Fixed security issue where OCSP Login Request Processor allowed alternate login credentials from userId processed from the user certificate. Login page update required (contact support for details configuring: ocsp.usernameProp and ocsp.validateUserId=true settings). (EN-330)
- Fixed OCSP Cert Path validation to allow multiple certPaths as new certificates are issued. (EN-329)
- Fixed GC logging when spaces are in the directory names. (EN-327)
- Fixed issue during Backup/Restore where content beginning ‘.’ characters were lost. (EN-328)
5. Known Issues #
- The Session Validation Filter, added in 2.6.1, will redirect any unauthenticated request to the login page. This was added as a security enhancement. If you see this behavior and want the page to be accessible, you must add an allowed path to the custom configuration file.
6. Contact Information #
For questions or assistance with this release of enPortal, please see the support page for contact information.