Table of Contents
For all steps below, replace “path_to_download_folder” and “path_to_install_folder” as appropriate.
Step 1: Create a folder #
Create a folder in which Edge will be installed.
Step 2: Extract the Edge release #
Extract Edge into the folder specified below. Replace “path_to_download_folder” and “path_to_install_folder” as appropriate.
unzip /path_to_download_folder/edge-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip -d /path_to_install_folder
Step 3: Run the configure script #
Run the configure script shown below. Replace “path_to_install_folder” as appropriate.
The configuration script will give you the opportunity to configure the following:
- HTTPS (SSL) support
- HTTP/HTTPS TCP port
- Tomcat shutdown port
- Preferred Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
- Whether to install Edge as a service (must be root)
- By default the service name is edge; however a custom service name can be provided.
Step 4: Start Edge #
Edge can be started manually, or as a service. See examples below:
As a Service #
Provide the custom service name if specified instead of edge.
service edge start
Replace “path_to_install_folder” as appropriate.
Step 5: Validate the Installation #
To confirm that Edge is running and accessible for login:
- Go to the following URL in a supported web browser on any workstation that has network access to the Edge server: http://localhost:8080
- When prompted, log in with the following default credentials:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin