This page summarizes the new features, resolved issues, and known issues in AppBoard version 2.6.2 released on July 6th, 2016. This version is a currently supported version.
2. What is AppBoard
AppBoard is a data integration and data visualization platform that dramatically redefines the cost/benefit equation for the development and deployment of real-time business systems dashboards. AppBoard allows you to connect, integrate, visualize, and interact with your data in a simple, straight-forward builder environment. The end result is powerful, compelling dashboards that summarize data from multiple sources and can be accessed from any device.
3. Supported Platform Changes
4. New Features
- Log total session time to session.log. (EN-286)
- Log user ip address in appboard.log. (AB-1230)
- Enhance times shown in log files to include full date and time. (EN-291)
- Include Actor (role, user, domain) and session details in access log for better auditing support. (EN-302)
5. Resolved Issues
- Security Fix: Fixed redirect validation. (EN-309)
- Upgraded underlying Database Pool library, improving overall connection management. (AB-904)
- Fixed Small Multiples Widget hiding time filter if option is set to off. (AP-1248)
- Updated libraries to more current versions. (AB-1247).
- Fixed handling of data collection limit applied when accessing data for the first time using the Widget Builder. (AB-1257)
- Improved handling of data processing when using DecimalFormatter and Calendar instances. (AB-1259)
- Improved memory management to prevent unnecessary string construction. (AB-1260)
- Improved efficiency of HashMap sizing when processing data requests. (AB-1262)
- Improved memory management of ServerJob and datasource caches. (AB-1266)
- Improved DateFormatter usage utilizing Java 8 threadsafe formatters. (AB-1243)
- Fixed issue with HP NNMi DataAdapter introduced in recent 18.104.22.168 updates. The content type should be sent for a post request and only set if content type header was not specified in the custom headers. (AB-1252)
- Removed runtime configuration settings specific to Java 7 as the system now requires Java 8. (EN-314)
- Migrated the Tile Map Widget from MapQuest tiles option to CartoDB tile provider. MapQuest was purchased by Mapbox and the tile provider usage policies were updated. (AB-1267)
- Fixed handling of SHIM Query params and aliased attributes; where it was possible to see duplicate attribute names in the Data Source Query wizard pages. This also fixed errors in running subqueries on the data source. (AB-1261)
6. Known Issues
- Improvements made to the Change Password menu inside of AppBoard might be lost when restoring or applying archives from earlier builds. (AB-1202).
- Java 8 is required. AppBoard is no longer supported with Java 7.
7. Contact Information
For questions or assistance with this release of AppBoard, please see the support page for contact information