The "Show Search Text" option is provided in most AppBoard Widgets. It allows the Widget administrator to provide a search box to the end-user. If the end-user enters a string in the search box, the data underlying the Widget will be temporarily filtered so that only records containing the text will be displayed. The resulting filter applies only to the Widget containing the search box, and not to any other Widgets, even if they are on the same Board and using the same Data Collection.
1. Configure the Show Search Text Option
Perform the following steps to configure the Show Search Text Option for a Widget:
2. Search Text Delay
A timer is used to defer search processing to avoid unnecessary updates between keystrokes. The timer duration is configurable and by default is set to 1.5 seconds.
To modify this value:
- Open [INSTALL_HOME]/server/webapps/enportal/visualizer/assets/config.xml
- A default entry should exist from 2.5.2 onwards, but if missing it can be added. Update the value which represents the milliseconds to delay:
- <attribute name="searchTextDelay" value="1500" />
- Save and reload the client to test, a server restart is not necessary.