Version 2.5.1 is a GA version of AppBoard released on October 17, 2014. This page summarizes the New Features, Resolved Issues, and Known Issues in the 2.5.1 release.
2. What is AppBoard
AppBoard is a data integration and data visualization platform that dramatically redefines the cost/benefit equation for the development and deployment of real-time business systems dashboards. AppBoard allows you to connect, integrate, visualize, and interact with your data in a simple, straight-forward builder environment. The end result is powerful, compelling dashboards that summarize data from multiple sources and can be accessed from any device.
3. Supported Platform Changes
AppBoard 2.5.1 introduces the following changes to the supported platforms:
- Removed server support for HSQLDB as the system Configuration Database. (AB-885)
4. New Features
This section describes the enhancements to AppBoard that are included in version 2.5.1.
- Added two features to the Tile Map Widget: (AB-874)
- Checkbox to enable/disable map labels. If enabled, these labels are always visible. End users can toggle these off if desired via the toolbar. When enabled, some additional configuration options are presented to select the 'Label Field', 'Label Color', and 'Label Size'.
- 'Links' tab that can be used to enable and configure link lines, which require their own data collection that includes source and destination pairs.
- Added several improvements to the reporting of Data and Communication Errors, including client timeouts, server-side errors, and communication failures. (AB-824)
- Added a database template to support Cloudera Impala (Apache Hive) for database query data sources, enabling use of SQL performed on hadoop systems. (AB-898)
- Implemented better user activity detection for session management. Session extension is now based on mouse click input, and no longer on data polling. For more detail, see Kiosk Mode or Managing Sessions. (AB-846)
- Enhanced the Unix/Linux post_install script to handle the case where the user name does not match the group name. The group is saved into setenv-custom.sh as TOMCAT_GROUP, and it defaults to the user as was implied before. (AB-857)
- Added new Display Name option for Widgets, a label to be displayed to the user as the title of the Widget instead of the Widget Name. (AB-683)
- Improved the process of managing the upgrade of custom theme artifacts. Any theme assets located in [INSTALL_HOME]/server/webapps/enportal/visualizer/assets/custom will be included in any backup archive. (AB-887)
- Updated init scripts to support RedHat Enterprise Linux 7. (AB-808)
- Simplified the setup of Client Authentication by moving the configuration parameters into the runtime options file. (AB-875)
- Re-wrote the Getting Started Tutorial to demonstrate more features and better illustrate typical usage of the product. (AB-865)
- Added MariaDB as an included JDBC database driver. This driver provides access to both MariaDB and MySQL databases without additional JDBC driver installs. Please note when migrating to 2.5.1 existing MySQL data sources will still be configured to use the MySQL driver (com.mysql.jdbc.Driver). These can be modified to use the included MariaDB driver by changing the driver string to org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver. New MySQL / MariaDB data sources default to the new driver. (AB-894)
- Added support for Domain-based licensing which can limit the number of Domains a customer can use in enPortal/AppBoard. (EN-124)
- The admin User Management interface will show "Disabled" in italics for any Domains that are currently inactive.
- Added a login credentials configuration option that will completely prevent GET logins. (EN-129)
- Added a new policyControlSupported option in config.properties to indicate if an LDAP server contains Policy Controls for purposes of managing password policy. (EN-147)
- Enhanced I-Frame based widgets (such as the HTML Widget) to clip Flex Tooltips behind the Widget when there is a collision, instead of hiding the IFrame. (AB-906)
5. Resolved Issues
This section describes the resolved issues that are included in version 2.5.1.
- Eliminated a reference to httpclient 3.1 from a jar file, which could have caused a false positive vulnerability to be reported in a scan, even though httpclient 3.1 was no longer being used. (EN-143)
- Fixed an issue where icons were not displaying in the Timeline Widget. (AB-882)
- Removed the unused "LDAP" configuration field from the Session Variables administration page. (AB-879)
- Fixed several issues that were causing problems when running AppBoard with Oracle as the persistence database. (AB-880)
- Fixed two issues regarding cursor display in the Builder: (AB-821)
- Reduced the frequency of updating the cursor, to improve performance
- Prevented the up/down arrow cursor type from bleeding over to the Builder Mode panel after moving the cursor through the space between Widgets
- Removed the legacy Google Maps Widget, which used the Flash Maps API that is no longer available. Added handling of archives to migrate any legacy Google Map Widgets to the Tile Map widget. (AB-888)
- (22.214.171.124) Disabled SSLv3 support for clients connecting to AppBoard when configured to run in HTTPS mode. This addresses CVE-2014-3566. (AB-920)
- Improved the descriptions and documentation of the 'timeout' and 'cacheTimeout' settings in the Database Data Adapters. (AB-895)
6. Known Issues
This section describes the new known issues in AppBoard version 2.5.1.
- When using Internet Explorer to view a Stack containing Web Widgets, there can be an issue with the name shown in the window title (as well as the associated Stack label). The name may show as "#", or "#selectedStackID=..." The workaround is to click on the Stack title tab, which re-loads the correct label. (AB-945)
- Oracle SQL queries via the JDBC adapter that end with a semi-colon will cause an 'illegal character' exception. For more information, see http://www.techonthenet.com/oracle/errors/ora01424.php. (SUP-1331)
7. Contact Information
For questions or assistance with this release of AppBoard, please see the support page for contact information