This page answers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about getting started with AppBoard.
For FAQs about getting started with enPortal, see the enPortal Getting Started FAQ
1. AppBoard Getting Started
1.1. How do I check for a new version of AppBoard and download the latest version of AppBoard?
AppBoard customers can download the latest version of AppBoard at any time from the Edge Customer Download site:
- Please visit our download site by going to http://www.edge-technologies.com/user/login
- Enter the credentials provided to your organization.
- Once you have successfully logged in, select the latest "AppBoard GA Release" link and download the software bundle.
If you forgot your login credentials, contact Technical Support.
1.2. How do I install AppBoard?
- Download the AppBoard software and license provided by your product vendor or distributor.
- Confirm that your server meets the System Requirements
- Install the free Java Development Kit (JDK) - available at http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
- Follow the installation instructions:
1.3. How do I configure Users and Roles?
To configure Users and Roles, log in to the Administration UI and follow the instructions for provisioning. Click the link below for detailed instructions:
1.4. How do I apply my own custom skins, themes, branding, and logos?
An AppBoard Theme is a collection of settings that manage the overall visual presentation of the application to the end-user in the web browser. Elements included in a Theme include colors, button styles, shadows, borders, backgrounds, logo, and so on.
Detail regarding the AppBoard Theme Editor is available at the following: