If running AppBoard in HTTPS (HTTP over SSL) mode using a self-signed certificate or otherwise untrusted certificate (expired, doesn't match the hostname/IP, unknown CA, etc...) then it is necessary to register the certificate on each iOS device itself, otherwise the security model will prevent the iOS user from accessing AppBoard.
- On the desktop, use a Firefox browser to navigate to the site (for example, https://www.myappboardserver.com/).
- Click on the "lock" icon next to the address bar to view the certificate.
- Use the certificate viewer to view the certificate for "www.myappboardserver.com".
- Click on the "Export..." button to export the certificate. Use the default format (X.509 Certificate (PEM) (*.crt;*.pem).
- By default, the certificate is saved as "www.myappboardserver.com.crt".
- Use an email client on the desktop to send yourself an email attached with the certificate file. (Note: Gmail might block sending that file. Yahoo Mail is a suggested alternative.)
- On the iOS device, use the iOS Mail program to open up that email.
- Click on the attached certificate and you will be prompted for installing the certificate.
- Click on "OK" to install the certificate.
Now, appboard on that iOS device will be able to connect to the "www.myappboardserver.com" server.