- Obtain the latest GA version
- Verify the target system meets the System Requirements
- Ensure you have a valid license file
When upgrading there are additional considerations:
- major version upgrades should be performed in a lab before deploying to production, for example moving from AppBoard v2.3 to v2.4. Once any differences have been dealt with, a new version archive can be produced and this used when upgrading production.
- ensure you have a full archive before starting (see Backup and Recovery)
- perform a clean installation, then restore the archive. i.e. never uncompress a new version of the product over the top of an existing install unless directed by support.
- it is necessary to log into the Builder at least once to ensure all widgets are upgraded.
4. Running AppBoard
Refer to the OS specific installation guides above for starting/stopping AppBoard. Also see the Accessing AppBoard page to access AppBoard once it's running.
5. Related Topics
- Runtime Options
- Memory Configuration
- SSL Configuration (HTTPS secure access)
- Clustering & Failover
- Loading Database Drivers
- Enabling CGI
- Multiple Instances
- BlazeDS Installation Instructions