Table of Contents
1. Introduction #
This page summarizes the new features, resolved issues, and known issues in AppBoard version 2.6.4 released on January 12th, 2017. This version is a currently supported version.
2. What is AppBoard #
AppBoard is a data integration and data visualization platform that dramatically redefines the cost/benefit equation for the development and deployment of real-time business systems dashboards. AppBoard allows you to connect, integrate, visualize, and interact with your data in a simple, straight-forward builder environment. The end result is powerful, compelling dashboards that summarize data from multiple sources and can be accessed from any device.
3. Supported Platform Changes #
4. New Features #
- CyberArk Password Vault integration extended to support evaluation in LDAP Repository Connection settings. SHIM Expression to be used to look up username and password information at runtime. (AB-1219)
- Session variable expressions should support evaluation in LDAP Repository connection settings (Note: This is pre-session evaluation so it really will only evaluate to the default value of the variable definition). (AB-1219)
- Inlcuding MS SQL Server’s OpenSource JDBC Driver by default v6.1.0jre8. (AB-1292)
5. Resolved Issues #
- Fixed Session Variables configuration of variables and provisioning of Domain and User variables to apply sort using the ordinalPosition and the name. (AB-1296)
- Fixed loss of Session Variable ordinalPosition configuration on Backup/Restore. (AB-1296)
- Fixed ShellScript Adapter to properly identify SHIM:query params as attributes that can be used in client side actions. (AB-1289)
- Fixed race conditions with drilldown, filters, and hover datatips. If drilldown was previously accessed and subsequent drilldown is performed, a runtime RangeError is thrown and the user must reload the browser. (AB-1155)
- Fixed failure in connecting to Netcool/OMNIbus, introduced in v2.6.3. (AB-1283)
- Legacy JDBC Driver support:
- Upgraded embedded Tomcat to v7.0.73. (AB-1293)
- Upgraded Postgresql JDBC Driver to v9.4.1212. (AB-1294)
- Upgraded Maria JDBC Driver supporting MySQL DB connections to v1.5.5. (AB-1294)
- Upgraded Groovy-All library to v2.4.7. (AB-1294)
- Fixed security issue where Session Variables were not honoring the one-way encryption settings, allowing administrator to disable encryption setting. (AB-1288)
- Fixed security issue when backing up LDAP Repository connection settings. (EN-331).
- Fixed security issue where OCSP Login Request Processor allowed alternate login credentials from userId processed from the user certificate. Login page update required (contact support for details configuring: ocsp.usernameProp and ocsp.validateUserId=true settings). (EN-330)
- Fixed OCSP Cert Path validation to allow multiple certPaths as new certificates are issued. (EN-329)
- Fixed GC logging when spaces are in the directory names. (EN-327)
- Fixed issue during Backup/Restore where content beginning ‘.’ characters were lost. (EN-328)
6. Known Issues #
- Improvements made to the Change Password menu inside of AppBoard might be lost when restoring or applying archives from earlier builds. (AB-1202).
- Java 8 is required; the system no longer supports Java 1.7.
7. Contact Information #
For questions or assistance with this release of AppBoard, please see the support page for contact information