This page provides information about version 5.3.20 of enPortal, which was released on October 9, 2013. This page summarizes the New Features, Resolved Issues, and Known Issues for this release.
2. What is enPortal
Edge enPortal is the industry's only secure, vendor-neutral network management integration platform. With pre-built Product Integration Modules (PIMs) for common third-party applications, enPortal is a Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) solution that quickly integrates these network management tools and offers advanced capabilities including:
- Single Sign-On (SSO) and Sign-Off
- Role/domain-based access via a secure proxy data
3. New Features
This section describes the enhancements to enPortal that are included in version 5.3.20.
- A new Product Integration Module (PIM) is available for Solarwinds Orion v10.4.2. (INT-40)
- A new Product Integration Module (PIM) is available for SevOne NMS v5.2.4. (INT-41)
- Upgraded tab display so that when a content folder of the type "Folder" has a value entered for "Display Name", that name is shown as the label on the tab for that folder's content. (EN-11)
- For clarity when managing integrations in the Application Manager (Applications tab), enhanced the right-click control so that the selected row is highlighted. (EN-44)
- To enhance security, the "HTTPOnly" attribute is now being set for all cookies, including the "enPortal_sessionid" cookie, for both HTTP and HTTPS. Note: running with SSL enabled will also set the "Secure" attribute. (EN-39)
- To enhance security, added checks to disallow navigating to an external site by adding a redirect URL to the end of the enPortal URL. (EN-40)
4. Resolved Issues
This section describes the resolved issues that are included in enPortal version 5.3.20.
- Fixed an issue where having nested content, under a top-level folder containing both channels and sub-folders, can result in certain menu labels being shown as bold when they are not the currently selected item. (EN-14)
- Fixed an issue when using Oracle as the enPortal database, by changing BOOLEAN to BIT. (EN-23)
- Fixed an issue in the provisioning code where content provisioned at the item level (not clicking on the folder when provisioning the role) was not preserved after implementing a system backup and restore. (EN-29)
- Corrected an issue in the PIMExport utility that caused PIMs in some cases to have issues loading in Unix due to a backwards slash. (EN-33)
- Added non-caching headers to CRS error page to fix an issue where error messages could continue to be displayed even after the system is re-started and a problem is resolved. (EN-35)
- Fixed a potential cross-site scripting vulnerability where an error URL was being written out in a CRS error message dialog. (EN-38)
- Upgraded the fields that store a channel's meta information to support entries larger than 1024 characters, enabling legacy channels to be copied and pasted in enPortal 5.x. (EN-28)
5. Known Issues
This section describes the new known issues in enPortal version 5.3.20.
6. Contact Information
For questions or assistance with this release of enPortal, please see the support page for contact information.