This page provides information about version 5.2.6 of enPortal, which was released on May 11, 2012. This page summarizes the New Features, Resolved Issues, and Known Issues for this release.
2. What is enPortal
Edge enPortal is the industry's only secure, vendor-neutral network management integration platform. With pre-built Product Integration Modules (PIMs) for common third-party applications, enPortal is a Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) solution that quickly integrates these network management tools and offers advanced capabilities including:
- Single Sign-On (SSO) and Sign-Off
- Role/domain-based access via a secure proxy data
3. New Features
This section describes the enhancements to enPortal in version 5.2.6.
- Updated Tomcat version from 6.0.33 to 7.0.26
- Provided startup scripts and documentation for configuring enPortal to run as an automated startup process or service
- Added enhanced redirect support for default login URLs
- Improved and clarified Login/Session Management between AppBoard and enPortal
- Better delineation between the products
- Dedicated URLs for accessing each product
- Significantly expanded documentation, including many new pages in online documentation wiki
4. Resolved Issues
This section describes the resolved issues in enPortal version 5.2.6.
- Fixed an issue where enPortal is accessed by both direct HTTP and a load balancer or Apache running with HTTPS enabled. enPortal will appropriately determine whether to use the secure or plain connector in each scenario.
- Fixed issue on Unix/Linux where file permissions needed to be manually set on some installation files
- Fixed file permission issue on some Unix systems that required executing a chmod command before installation
5. Known Issues
This section describes the known issues in enPortal version 5.2.6.
- Version 5.2.6 is the first GA version of enPortal 5. Due to a number of significant changes between enPortal 4.x and enPortal 5.x, special steps are needed to upgrade an enPortal 4.x system to enPortal 5.x. For detailed instructions, see Upgrading To enPortal 5.
6. Contact Information
For questions or assistance with this release of enPortal, please see the support page for contact information.