Version 2.3.8 is an early release of AppBoard that was released on February 1, 2013. This page summarizes the New Features, Resolved Issues, and Known Issues in the 2.3.8 release.
2. What is AppBoard
AppBoard is a data integration and data visualization platform that dramatically redefines the cost/benefit equation for the development and deployment of real-time business systems dashboards. AppBoard allows you to connect, integrate, visualize, and interact with your data in a simple, straight-forward builder environment. The end result is powerful, compelling dashboards that summarize data from multiple sources and can be accessed from any device.
3. New Features
This section describes the enhancements to AppBoard that are included in version 2.3.8.
- Added option to selectively enable and disable drop-shadows in all Charts. (1704)
- Added a slight delay to invoking the spinner control when modifying certain numeric values in Widget configuration, so that values can be adjusted more rapidly without as much interference or delay from the spinner control. (2261)
4. Resolved Issues
This section describes the resolved issues that are included in version 2.3.8.
- Fixed an issue where using "is null" or "is not null" as the operator in certain comparisons resulted in the same zero rows returned. (2245)
- Fixed an issue for Unix installations, where JSVC options from the post-installation script were not being properly implemented. This issue would only affect systems where JSVC was being used to start the Tomcat web server, typically in order to run not as root and bind to a port number lower than 1024. (2253)
- Fixed internal naming of objects to correct errors where AppBoard Data Sources have names that are reserved words, such as a CSV file Data Source named "Map". (2198)
- Fixed issue where selecting a null item in the Topology Widget produced an "IndexOutOfRange" error message. (2252)
- Fixed an issue where re-loading certain archives was found to have adverse affects on the Widget layout. (2256)
5. Known Issues
This section describes the new known issues in AppBoard version 2.3.8.
6. Contact Information
For questions or assistance with this release of AppBoard, please see the support page for contact information