Version 2.3.15 is a GA release of AppBoard that was released on March 12, 2013. This page summarizes the New Features, Resolved Issues, and Known Issues in the 2.3.15 release.
2. What is AppBoard
AppBoard is a data integration and data visualization platform that dramatically redefines the cost/benefit equation for the development and deployment of real-time business systems dashboards. AppBoard allows you to connect, integrate, visualize, and interact with your data in a simple, straight-forward builder environment. The end result is powerful, compelling dashboards that summarize data from multiple sources and can be accessed from any device.
3. New Features
This section describes the enhancements to AppBoard that are included in version 2.3.15.
- Added a configuration option to allow override of Access Control Variable settings upon login or role change. This enables a customer to be able to effect wholesale changes to the system when the Role of a User is changed. For more details, see Custom Settings for Access Control Variables (2288)
- Enhanced the Google Map Widget to provide an option to have it snap to the existing data (if there is any), using an option in the configuration page called "Fit To View". Note: the fitting is done for the main Widget, but not in the configuration preview, since the configuration page needs to set the default position if data is unavailable. Also, if it zooms to a single point, it will center on that point and zoom in 4 levels of zoom higher than the default position (just like clicking + on the zoom control in the preview panel 4 times). (2317)
- Added support in the Theme Editor for animated backgrounds, supporting .MOV, .WMV, .MP4, and .FLV files playing in the background of an AppBoard display. (2316)
- Added "MaxPercentageWidth" and "MaxPercentageHeight" options to the Data Tip Action, which provides word wrap and prevents long strings in data tips from covering other portions of the Board. Each setting is a percentage of the application size (e.g. "30" = 30%)(2297)
- Enhanced the Show Data Tip Action such that the data tip moves with the mouse, but does not go outside the bounds of the Widget that initiated it. (2274)
4. Resolved Issues
This section describes the resolved issues that are included in version 2.3.15.
- Removed configuration of Data Tips from the Advanced Table Widget configuration, because this is now handled by the Show Data Tip Action. (2209)
- Fixed an issue affecting systems with many Stacks provisioned to a User. In the AppBoard Builder, an arrow was provided to scroll to display tabs for selecting additional Stacks. The arrow was not displaying for the User in the AppBoard Viewer. (2250)
- Fixed an issue where configured coloration of slices in the Pie Chart Widget would be lost when drilling down to a dataset with different values for the slices. Resolved by linking colors to index values instead of strings displayed during the initial configuration. (1693) (2134)
- Fixed several issues related to using Stacked bars in a Column Chart Widget: (2284)
- Columns overlapping in some cases when using DateTimeAxis
- Gaps occurring between some stacked segments
- Fixed an error that could crash the browser when configuring the 'Apply a Filter to a Data Collection' Action if the 'Show Clear Filter Button On Widget' option was selected and a Widget selection was not made in the associated menu. (2031)
- Fixed an issue where the Quick Filter selection was being released after polling update of the Data Collection in the Google Map Widget. (2276)
- Updated backup archives to include any custom shell scripts in /WEB-INF/shell-scripts/custom/ (2309)
- Fixed several issues in the Google Map Widget:
- Corrected map preview window "shifting" when moving between configuration panels in the wizard. (2194)
- Corrected an issue where the zoom setting and position could sometimes be lost. (1891)
- Fixed an issue where the Column Chart Widget was found in one case to display columns that were 1 pixel wide when the DateTimeAxis setting was used. (2310)
- Fixed several controls in the Theme Editor that were not updating in the preview panel until refreshing the browser. (2323)
- Fixed an issue where an element in a Widget being updated both directly and by another Widget (by the Set Widget Selection Action) could revert back to an earlier value in some cases. (2292)
- Fixed a provisioning issue where, in some cases, Stacks that should be available were unavailable because they had already been provisioned under another role. (2251)
5. Known Issues
This section describes the new known issues in AppBoard version 2.3.15.
- When using Stacked bars in a Column Chart Widget, skinny columns will sometimes be shown in the administrator view after changing the Series Type to "Stacked". The issue goes away when the client is refreshed, and does not affect the end User. (2284)
- When applying an archive to a newer version of AppBoard, some data points may not match up due to custom icon registries that did not have the required height, width, centerX, centerY positions to be painted on the map. Google Map icons are special. They require height, width, centerX, centerY in order to be plotted. The Google Map Widget is only Widget that "Requires" those attributes. The base mapIcon.csv shows an example of what's expected (see /server/webapps/enportal/WEB-INF/xmlroot/appboard/config/iconregistry/mapIcon.csv). In system with a custom-mapIcon.csv file that does not have any values for those attributes (height, width, centerX, centerY), the Google Map Widget can become confused, and not know how to display the configured icons. (2311)
6. Contact Information
For questions or assistance with this release of AppBoard, please see the support page for contact information