Version 2.2.7 is a GA version of AppBoard that was released on May 29, 2012. This page summarizes the New Features, Resolved Issues, and Known Issues in that release.
2. What is AppBoard
AppBoard is a data integration and data visualization platform that dramatically redefines the cost/benefit equation for the development and deployment of real-time business systems dashboards. AppBoard allows you to connect, integrate, visualize, and interact with your data in a simple, straight-forward builder environment. The end result is powerful, compelling dashboards that summarize data from multiple sources and can be accessed from any device.
3. New Features
This section describes the enhancements to AppBoard that are currently slated for version 2.2.7.
- Improved performance on the Vector Map Widget.
- Added a new Vector Heat Map Widget, which is a graphical representation of data where individual data values are represented as colors
- Added a new Tree Map Widget, which displays hierarchical data as a set of nested rectangles
- In the Diagrammer Widget, restored the "Manage Diagrams" functionality to provide a table view of existing diagrams. (1392)
- Created an Alternative Widget option for Widgets that will display a configurable Status List in Widgets on mobile devices when they are otherwise not supported by the device. (1204)
- Enhanced the data File Path selector in the CSV Data Adapter wizard to support files located in any directory under /server/webapps/enportal/WEB-INF/data/. (1513)
4. Resolved Issues
This section describes the resolved issues that are currently slated for AppBoard version 2.2.7.
- Fixed a caching issue in Internet Explorer 8 which could cause the name of a previous User to be temporarily displayed instead of the name of the current User. (Ticket #1754)
- Fixed the Stack Template download dialog to allow additional downloads after downloading a Stack template. (1724)
- Addressed several caching issues:
- Fixed code that sets cache timeout to correctly format date. (1733)
- Changed web.xml to ensure cache filters run on forwarded requests (from /ab redirect) and from direct requests. (1733)
- Added local "Get Flash Player" image to avoid downloads from Adobe (which are blocked in some environments). (1733)
- Fixed skinning of custom Help menu to be consistent with overall theme of application banner. (1728)
- Several fixes to improve the reliability of saving and restoring Stack Templates. (1708)
- Fixed an issue where certain Sub-query Data Sources in an archive were not properly restored by the export/restore process. Customers migrating Sub-queries from older versions of AppBoard to AppBoard 2.2.7+ may need to manually re-implement some Sub-queries. (1635)
- Fixed an issue where the Switch To Board Action was working the first time, but on a subsequent click was failing to properly update the breadcrumb. (1735)
- Fixed the Vector Map Widget so the "Allow Zooming" option will work when "Auto Zoom" is not also selected. (1652)
- Fixed an issue where clicking a column label to sort a column of grouped data in an Advanced Table would cause the browser to freeze. (1618) (Ticket #1787)
5. Known Issues
This section describes the known issues in AppBoard version 2.2.7.
- Due to changes in the export/restore process, upgrading from previous builds to this build using the Backup and Restore procedures may require some manual intervention to ensure that all content is restored.
- When using a Widget Comparison filter while Switching to a Board with a Server-side Filter Action, with Bundled Actions, the queries do not fire and only the Switch To Board Action is performed, leaving the data showing what was last queried by the previous selection.
- In the Google Earth Widget, any time the Stack disappears from display and re-appears Google Earth provides an error message until the browser is refreshed.
- Workaround: Only display the Google Earth Widget on screens that will remain on permanent display
- You can create a context between a Widget and a Board by using the "Add Board" option in the Switch To A Board Action. There is not currently a way to view or edit this contextual association between the Widget and the new Board.
- Issues with the Advanced Table Widget:
- Clicking column labels to sort in an Advanced Table Widget can cause the browser to freeze in some situations
- Using the Advanced Table Widget for grouping with large data sets may cause performance issues
- In the Google Map Widget, all of the Symbols/Badges will appear above the Status Shapes. If you have enough clustered together, it looks mashed together.
- After downloading a template, AppBoard may not be able to save changes. The workaround is to refresh the browser, and then saving will work again.
- Sorting on a grouped column in an Advanced Table is not supported. (1618)
6. Contact Information
For questions or assistance with this release of AppBoard, please see the support page for contact information.