Version 2.2.6 is a GA Release of AppBoard that was released on May 11, 2012. This page summarizes the New Features, Resolved Issues, and Known Issues in that release.
2. What is AppBoard
AppBoard is a data integration and data visualization platform that dramatically redefines the cost/benefit equation for the development and deployment of real-time business systems dashboards. AppBoard allows you to connect, integrate, visualize, and interact with your data in a simple, straight-forward builder environment. The end result is powerful, compelling dashboards that summarize data from multiple sources and can be accessed from any device.
3. New Features
This section describes the enhancements to AppBoard that are currently slated for version 2.2.6.
3.1. Major Features
- User/Role Management
- User Interface for managing Users and Roles from within the AppBoard Builder
- Capability for full stand-alone configuration of AppBoard without use of enPortal admin UI
- Mobility Support
- Support for end-user access to AppBoard on iOS and Android mobile devices
- Documentation of which Widgets are supported on each mobile O/S (iOS, Android)
- Customize AppBoard Look and Feel using full-featured GUI
- Enables AppBoard administrator to independently modify style and presentation
3.2. Additional Features
- Only Widgets that are active in the foreground display are actively running, improving system performance
- Added "Active Widgets" diagnostic panel, to display which Widgets are currently actively running in the client
- Added "Client Info" diagnostic panel, to display the current version of the flex client that is running in the browser
- Added compatibility check between client and server, to make sure versions are not out of sync
- Improved wizard configuration panels to provide for additional sub-configuration panels in some Widgets
- Added option to override NULL values for a given attribute(Column) when creating Data Collections
- Implemented upgrades to ILOG Map Widget
- Enhanced structure from distinct Widget for each map to single Widget with selectable maps
- Added option to save a default zoom and pan level
- Enhanced so "Fit to view" button on map will zoom to the preset zoom level
- Added shared filters, allowing a filter set to be defined once and used many times throughout the system
- Added Bundled Actions, allowing actions to be defined in a bundle, and used across multiple widgets
- Provided more user-friendly Widget builder screens and configuration
- Added many performance enhancements
- Updated Tomcat version from 6.0.33 to 7.0.23
- Updated Tomcat version from 7.0.23 to 7.0.26
- Added "trigger actions" option to the default selection feature of the Quick Action Widget
- Provided startup scripts and documentation for configuring AppBoard to run as an automated startup process or service
- Updated wizards for improved support of 1024x768 screen resolution
- Added enhanced redirect support for default login URLs
- Added column renderer to provide enhanced number formatting options
- Improved and clarified Login/Session Management between AppBoard and enPortal
- Better delineation between the products
- Dedicated URLs for accessing each product
- Significantly expanded documentation, including many new pages in online documentation wiki
- Added option to move widgets from one Board to another
- Added option to place existing Widgets on to a Board from the Widgets management panel
- Added Google Earth Widget
- Added Marquee Widget (scrolling ticker)
- Password entry enhancements
- Added strength meter for password entry fields
- Added validation feedback to indicate if password field matches confirmation password field
- Added left, center, and right alignment for columns in Basic Table and Advanced Table Widgets
- Added configuration option to Cover Flow List to control the consistency of behavior when Actions are tied to selections
- Enhanced datatips configuration dialog to support any fields from 1:1 associations
- Added KML Feed support to Google Map Widget
- Added Layering Options to Google Map Widget - Traffic, Weather, and Cloud
- Added the option to "re-parent" Boards and added an "Edit Board" button to the bottom of the Stacks and Boards interface, allowing the AppBoard administrator to edit all of the features of a board.
4. Resolved Issues
This section describes the resolved issues that are currently slated for AppBoard version 2.2.6.
- Correct the tab order presented to the end-user in the Viewer to match the order in the Builder
- Force refresh on advanced table to remove records when a new, filtered result set is empty
- Enhance Widget container to update record counts in Color Shape Filters when records change category
- Switch to Board updating title in breadcrumb when title includes context
- Fixes to ILOG Map Widget
- Fix issue where color rules for the shapes on the map were honored in the preview but not on the Board
- Correct the location of GPS-based nodes on Alaska and Hawaii in the USA Map
- Fixed an issue where AppBoard is accessed by both direct HTTP and a load balancer or Apache running with HTTPS enabled. AppBoard will appropriately determine whether to use the secure or plain connector in each scenario.
- Fixed issue on Unix/Linux where file permissions needed to be manually set on some installation files
- Updated CSV Data Adapter to log an exception when a file is not found and not report a stack trace error
- Fixed issue where a reduction in padding between Widgets caused the breadcrumb to overlap with the top of a Widget
- Fixed file permission issue on some Unix systems that required executing a chmod command before installation
- Fixed some formatting issues in the Data Collection Preview panel
- Fixed issue where a territory could not be clicked when covered with multiple adornments
- Improved readability of callouts on Pie Chart Widget
- Fixed issue in JDBC Adapter where NULL values in NUMBER columns were getting converted to 0
- Fixed issue where Quick Filter in ILOG map was inserting too much space in the display of the Widget
- Fixed an issue where a Web Widget was being rendered even though it was not on the first Stack
- Fixed issue with narrow width of columns when using a DateTimeAxis
- Fixed issue where too much space was allocated to the Quick Filter in an ILOG Map Widget
- Fixed issue where only one Action was firing in certain cases where server-side Actions were configured for multiple Pie Chart Widgets on the same Board
- Fixed an issue where polling would stop after there was a communication failure with the server and the error dialog was acknowledged. Enhanced the AppBoard Viewer to automatically refresh and re-start polling after the error message is acknowledged. The wait time before refresh is configurable by a new "refreshBrowserOnFault" property in /enportal/visualizer/assets/config.xml.
- Fixed an issue where Data Collections that were previously off-screen may not refresh and continue polling when returning to a Board from a drill-down child Board.
- Fixed an issue that was causing a Web Widget on a Child Board to launch it's default URL, instead of the target of a Launch URL Action, the first time a User drills down to the child Board.
5. Known Issues
This section describes the known issues in AppBoard version 2.2.6.
- In the Google Earth Widget, any time the Stack disappears from display and re-appears Google Earth provides an error message until the browser is refreshed.
- Workaround: Only display the Google Earth Widget on screens that will remain on permanent display
- You can create a context between a Widget and a Board by using the "Add Board" option in the "Switch To A Board" Action. There is not currently a way to view or edit this contextual association between the Widget and the new Board.
- Issues with Advanced Table Widget:
- Clicking column labels to sort in an Advanced Table Widget can cause the browser to freeze in some situations
- Using the Advanced Table Widget for grouping with large data sets may cause performance issues
- In the Google Map Widget, all of the Symbols/Badges will appear above the Status Shapes. If you have enough clustered together, it looks mashed together.
- After downloading a template, AppBoard may not be able to save changes. The workaround is to refresh the browser, and then saving will work again.
- A caching issue in Internet Explorer 8 can cause the name of a previous User to be temporarily displayed instead of the name of the current User.
6. Contact Information
For questions or assistance with this release of AppBoard, please see the support page for contact information.